As sound travels, the quality of sound deteriorates. This means that by the time the sound reaches your hearing aids, it already is lower quality than when it first left the TV speakers. This can be difficult for TV situations as most shows and movies have a lot of background noise and actors with accents which are both difficult for people with hearing loss. In contrast, the TV connector takes the sound from the TV and streams it directly to your hearing aids. This means there is no deterioration of sound and you get the best quality possible, making it easier to understand what you are watching.
The Phonak TV Connector is compatible with any TV or stereo system. All you need to do is plug it in! This makes it one of the most user friendly TV connectors on the market. Additionally, an unlimited number of hearing aids can be connected to the TV connector at the same time. So if your partner is also wearing hearing aids they can tune in too!
How to use it:
- Plug the TV connector into the TV
- Turn on the program of interest
- Turn on the TV connector to get it into pairing mode
- Ensure your hearing aids are in pairing mode by turning them off and on again
- Your hearing aids should automatically connect to the TV!
- You can control whether you are streaming the TV or listening to conversation via the myPhonak App. Simply switch between the new TV program and the automatic program.
- If you have any questions, always call our friendly team here at Hearing SA on 0403 690 980!